When: Saturday, April 18 – 9:30am – noon
Where: Traverse Area District Library on Woodmere, McGuire Room, 1st floor and then break out sessions at various locations
What: TART Trails’ Ambassador Training
The training is totally FREE and a light breakfast will be provided. TART Trails staff and current Ambassadors will give a brief overview of the program and what it means to be a TART Trails Ambassador from 9:30 – 10:45. Learn about the different ways in which you can become involved with TART Trails and our local trails. From 10:45 – noon we’ll host break out sessions and head out on the trails to shadow a current TART Trails Ambassador.
- Coordinate and perform light maintenance such as brush clearing, litter removal, etc.
- Volunteers who lead potentially large-scale and long-term trail maintenance
- Adopt-a-section volunteers who oversee a specific trail or section of trail
- Regular trail users who report issues that they observe along the trail
- Volunteers who have a specific passion or skill set for enhancing user experience along the TART Trail network
- Those with specific skills that may be used network-wide to benefit the trail
Outreach & Event Ambassadors
- Volunteers who enjoy ‘talking TART’ in the community and/or representing TART Trails at meetings and events
- Depending on the event, these volunteers educate the public about TART Trails, a specific project or issue
- Outreach and event opportunities include but are not limited to trail-side open houses, community partner events and TART Trail fundraisers
Please RSVP and sign up for a break out session below. Contact Kate Lewis at email@example.com or 231.941.4300 if you have any questions.