Sell or buy any fun and funky or plain and practical used bikes at the 10th annual Recycle-A-Bicycle Bike Swap. This much anticipated event kicks off Smart Commute Week and is the perfect time to become the new owner of a summer cruiser or upgrade a child’s bike.
The R-A-B Bike Swap is for anyone who wants to sell and/or purchase an unused or out-grown bicycle or bike accessory. Accessories include bike trailers, hitches, bike racks and sometimes frames and wheels. R-A-B requires that all bicycles be in ride-able condition. The tires must hold air and the brakes and shifters must be in working condition. Small items like shoes, helmets or clothing WILL NOT BE accepted.
If you are selling a bike, drop off is between 6 and 8 pm on Friday June 4th at the Old Town Parking Deck. Sellers receive 75% of the proceeds and the Recycle-A-Bicycle program receives 25%.
The funds raised during the Bike Swap allow the Recycle-a-Bicycle program to continue to provide necessary active transportation to economically disadvantaged individuals and families.
Friday, June 4th | 6pm-8pm | Bike drop-off at the Old Town Parking Deck
Saturday, June 5th | 9am-2pm | Shop the Bike Swap
Saturday, June 5th | 2pm-4pm | Pick up unsold bikes from the Swap
Interested in volunteering at the Swap? Recycle-A-Bicycle relies on more than 50 dedicated volunteers to help the Bike Swap run smoothly. We currently have a variety of positions available on both Friday and Saturday.
• The number of people who are allowed to enter the parking garage will be limited and enforced by TART Trails and volunteers – this number will be based on the most up-to-date MDHHS guidelines.
• Masks will be required for EVERYONE entering the parking garage, and must be worn during the entire duration.
• Social distancing signage will be posted at the entrance and proper spacing will be enforced.
• Signage requesting that those who feel unwell or are experiencing any COVID symptoms do not enter the parking garage will be posted at the entrance.
• Volunteers will sanitize bikes after potential buyers touch them or test them out.