- This event has passed.
While we will not be able to all gather together – humans and pups – on this race day, we are holding a Virtual 5K Fun Run/Walk week May 15 – 25, 2020! We want you and your four-legged friends to stay active and happy outside – plus now that we’ve all been going on multiple daily dog walks, we can’t stop now! Don’t have a dog? No problem, use this race as a good excuse to get outside and get some fresh air. Everyone is invited to this virtual party!
Virtual racing connects us, and helps us remain motivated—it reminds us that we’re not running alone—that we’re still all in this together, and still making each other better. We may be isolated, but we are still united in supporting strong, healthy, resilient communities, for both humans and pets alike!
How do I participate?
- Register yourself or your family below.
- Choose to complete the race at your convenience May 15 – 25.
- Complete the race wherever you like – on your favorite trail, run around your neighborhood, walk around the block, go back and forth in your living room. This is not a timed event.
- To be eligible for our contest prizes, participants must complete the registration and post a photo from your 5K to either Facebook or Instagram, tagging @TARTTrails and using the hashtag #TailstoTrails2020. Don’t have social media? Have a family member post for you!
- Prize winners will be announced via email and social media on Tuesday, May 26.
- BONUS – If you don’t live in the greater Traverse region, you can still participate – this is your chance to participate in our annual Tails to Trails four-legged 5K!
Remember, if you choose to race outside, use social distancing practices as recommended by the CDC wherever you choose to get your 5K on!
Your race registration supports personal and community health and wellbeing by helping provide transportation and recreation opportunities accessible to all! Registration for this event is 100% tax deductible.
The first person to post a photo tagging @TARTTrails #TailstoTrails2020 will win a TART Swag Bag which includes a comfy sweatshirt, buff to keep your face warm, water bottle & coffee mug for all of your hydration needs and a rad TART bandana for your pup!
Two randomly selected registrants who post a photo tagging @TARTTrails #TailstoTrails2020 will each win a five-class punch pass to Yen Yoga & Fitness, as well as some incredible Yen swag!
5 registrants will each win a North Face trucker hat from Backcountry North! Trucker hat prize winner categories as follows:
Human that Looks Most Like Their Dog
Best Family Photo
Best non-pet-owner photo
and one randomly selected participant
Possible 5K Routes
The beauty of a virtual 5K is that you can participate by running or walking where ever you (or your four-legged friend) would like! Below we’ve mapped out a few of our favorite TART Trail routes.
Thank you to our incredible sponsors for their support.