- This event has passed.
Winter Trails Day
January 11, 2020 @ 10:30 am – 2:00 pm
Mark your calendars for Saturday, January 11th, from 10:30am-2pm for the 11th annual Winter Trails Day at Timber Ridge Resort, part of National Winter Trails Month. TART Trails is teaming up with the Record Eagle, Vasa Ski Club, Einstein Cycles, NMMBA and Timber Ridge Resort to offer free trail access, introductory ski lessons, fatbike demos, guided snowshoe hikes and use of equipment rentals for those new to winter trail sports.There will be cross-country skis, snowshoes and fatbikes to try out on the trails. Members of the Vasa Ski Club will provide free introductory ski lessons, and volunteers will lead snowshoe hikes.
Junior and adult classic and skate skis, snowshoes and fatbikes will be available on a first-come-first-served basis from 10:30 – 2:00. A driver’s license and signed waiver are required to check out equipment. Equipment is limited, if you have your own equipment, please bring it.
– Introductory ski lessons will be led by Vasa Ski Club members starting at 11, 12, and 1 p.m.
– Snowshoe hikes will be held at 11, 12, and 1 p.m.
– Fatbikes from Einstein Cycles and Brick Wheels will be available for short demo rides
– NMMBA will lead a fatbike ride at 1:30 p.m. – sign-up for this ride will be available at the event
– All event participants will be entered to win an incredible door prize from each of our event partners!
– Complimentary cookies and cocoa will be served in the lodge so you can refuel and warm up by the fire after your time on the trails! We’ll also have grilled brats and tasty beverages available by donation.
– In the event of weather that requires cancellation, TART Trails will post notice to their website and Facebook page.
Thanks to Winter Trails Day sponsor, TC Trimdown by the Traverse City Record Eagle.