Our goal is to ensure sustainable and comprehensive maintenance for the entire trail system. Much of the maintenance on the trails is completed by the volunteers who give their time and talent to ensure the trails are safe and accessible for year-round use. In 2019, volunteers completed over 9,000 hours!
Trail Maintenance Includes:
- Inspect the trail for safety & functionality
- Repair & replace damaged signs, benches, pavement, bridges, boardwalks, culverts and markings
- Clear vision area at all driveway & road crossings
- Trim and cut branches & mow vegetation in trail corridor
- Clear debris such as downed trees, branches, litter, and excessive sand & gravel.
- Cut roots under the trail with a scheduled vibratory plow/trenching machine
- Grade the unpaved trail surfaces
- Repair soil erosion
- Remove snow along the trails