The Trail Ambassador Program is a group of core volunteers who promote the safe, responsible and enjoyable use of the TART Trail system with an emphasis on:
- Representing TART Trails
- Informing, assisting and educating
- Practicing and exemplifying trail etiquette
- Various trail maintenance and reporting
- Various trail operations
- Improving & furthering the trail system
- Having fun on the trails
Types of Trail Ambassadors
All Trail Ambassadors volunteer to help monitor the trails, pedestrian ways and bikeways and/or provide TART Trails outreach to the community. Ambassadors generally choose to serve as one or more of the following:
- Coordinate and perform light maintenance such as brush clearing, litter removal, etc.
- Volunteers who lead potentially large-scale and long-term trail maintenance
- Adopt-a-section volunteers who oversee a specific trail or section of trail
- Regular trail users who report issues that they observe along the trail
- Volunteers who have a specific passion or skill set for enhancing user experience along the TART Trail network
- Those with specific skills that may be used network-wide to benefit the trail
Outreach & Event Ambassadors
- Volunteers who enjoy ‘talking TART’ in the community and/or representing TART Trails at meetings and events
- Depending on the event, these volunteers educate the public about TART Trails, a specific project or issue
- Outreach and event opportunities include but are not limited to trail-side open houses, community partner events and TART Trail fundraisers
If you’d like more information on the Trail Ambassador program, please contact Kate for more details.
If you have signed up for our next training on April 25th, please complete the form below.