Record Ambassador Hours Here!
Thank you for your dedication to trails!
The Trail Ambassador Program is a group of core volunteers who promote the safe, responsible and enjoyable use of the TART Trail system with an emphasis on:
- Representing TART Trails
- Informing, assisting and educating
- Practicing and exemplifying trail etiquette
- Various trail maintenance and reporting
- Various trail operations
- Improving & furthering the trail system
- Having fun on the trails
Types of Trail Ambassadors
All Trail Ambassadors volunteer to help monitor the trails, pedestrian ways and bikeways and/or provide TART Trails outreach to the community. Ambassadors generally choose to serve as one or more of the following:
- Coordinate and perform light maintenance such as brush clearing, litter removal, etc.
- Volunteers who lead potentially large-scale and long-term trail maintenance
- Adopt-a-section volunteers who oversee a specific trail or section of trail
- Regular trail users who report issues that they observe along the trail
- Volunteers who have a specific passion or skill set for enhancing user experience along the TART Trail network
- Those with specific skills that may be used network-wide to benefit the trail
Outreach & Event Ambassadors
- Volunteers who enjoy ‘talking TART’ in the community and/or representing TART Trails at meetings and events
- Depending on the event, these volunteers educate the public about TART Trails, a specific project or issue
- Outreach and event opportunities include but are not limited to trail-side open houses, community partner events and TART Trail fundraisers
If you’d like more information on the Trail Ambassador program, please contact Kate for more details.