Winter Trails Guidelines and Etiquette
All Trail Users:
- Support grooming with the Badge – Show your support and sport a grooming badge! Grooming reports are sent directly to badge supporters which include trail conditions and updates.
- Please do not ride, ski over or walk on any classic tracks.
- Dogs are not permitted on the Vasa 5K, 10K & 25K during the winter. You may take the pooch on the Meadows 3K loop aka “Poop Loop.”
- If you must walk, please walk off to the side of the trail (not in the classic tracks).
- Use the trail in the direction that distance markers indicate. For example, clockwise for 25K and 10K, counter-clockwise for the 5K. This way everyone is going the same direction.
- Bikes yield to skiers. Give skate skiers a wide berth when passing.
- Be an ambassador for the sport – stay polite, educate other users, discourage bad behavior, follow the rules, support grooming, and have fun!
- Do not ride when conditions are too soft. If you are leaving a rut deeper than an inch, having a hard time riding in a straight line, or pushing your bike, the snow is too soft and you should not be biking on the trails.
- Tires must be 3.7″ or bigger.
- Tire Pressure: 4psi or less. Tire should “give” easily when you squeeze them. A pocket-sized electronic gauge is very helpful.
- Temperature: Below 30 degrees. If it is above 30 degrees the trails are not suitable for biking.
- Groups should spread across the skate lane so as not to create a rut by having many cyclists follow the exact same line.